Friday, June 26, 2009
18 Months
That's Corinne, complete with sunglasses and baby doll. She is (fittingly) pointing at and saying "dog" as she looks across the street at Ollie the dog. It's been 18 months since Little C joined us, and she is a riot! Lately she is putting fragments of sentences together to communicate her ideas, desires, and thoughts. Yesterday she walked around the house insistent on saying "daddy's shoes" which she previously spotted in the kitchen. Who knows why she randomly thought of them and told me "daddy's shoes" throughout the afternoon! Last week she came running into the kitchen saying, "milk, mom" and pointing into the other room. This was followed by "baby, milk". Believe it or not I was able to put together what she was saying and it was just as I suspected: she had spilled her cup of milk on the floor while trying to give her baby a drink in the family room-- and she was able to communicate just enough to get her point across! Amazing!
Corinne spontaneously began climbing up onto the couch, chair, and ottoman today. No idea why she all of a sudden decided to try out this new game! But as I'm learning, sometimes things will all of a sudden "click" in kids' brains and they master a new skill in no time! She tried out all 3 couches with success and no help.

(Can you say mosquito bites?!?!?! Little C has FIVE on her right leg + one on her forehead...and they are all huge!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Smart girl, just like her mamma. Super cute stories & pictures. It is amazing to watch a kid's brain working.
Also, I do not miss mosquitos. One more reason SF is a great place to live. BTW, at age two and up you have to buy a kid a seat of her own on an airplane. Maybe you should think about a trip before Little C turns 2. If you can manage with her on you lap that is. ; )
18 months of Corinne: Now that is really something to celebrate!
And I'm sure that Aunt Laura and Grammy are going to be scoping out all kinds of things in SF that Corinne would love. I hope Aunt Laura is showing Grammy the pictures on her iPhone.
P.S.: I think Corinne looks just like Betsy in that last picture. I'm thinking of Betsy's pre-K or Kindergarten school picture in which she's wearing the red and blue ribbon barrettes.
What a sweetie and looking more like a toddler all the time! I miss Corinne and will be very glad to see our smart little girl when I get back to town. Watching some little kids at the beach today reminded me of Corinne and wishing I could see her playing in the sand and water.
Lots of love, Grammy
Post a Comment