The annual Block Party on Suncrest is definitely a force to be reckoned with! It's a serious event, complete with an elected chairperson, planning committee, and certified police street permit for blocking off the street. And Brett was this year's Chairman...needless to say we are glad it's over:) The day kicked off around lunch time with a chorus on the bagpipes. Followed by kids' kickball, adult softball, kids' bike races, a balloon toss, a pinata, a balloon artist, and face painting. Dinner is always the main event and festivities go well into the evening. Corinne had a great time and even got a "tatoo"(as opposed to face painting). She was hot, tired, sticky and very sweaty, but so cute! Little C even got to play in the street (hmm...I wonder how that will affect her tomorrow when she wants to do play there again?) with her baby stroller, farm animals, and the other kids. She also stayed up late for the 2nd night in a row.
Monday, June 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Those pictures are priceless! Sounds like a fun time.
What a sweet face -- even when hot and sweaty! I LOVE the tattoo. Very cool.
And good job, Brett. I'm sure you were happy to hand off the baton to a lucky neighbor.
(The bag pipes are a great touch.)
Whose is the friend sitting with Corinne? The pictures are adorable. I love the many "faces" of Corinne and can tell she had a wonderful time. Bet she has even more fun next year - I am sure Daddy will when he is not in charge.
Love, Grammy
Post a Comment