Sunday, January 24, 2010

Transitions

Same room, same spot. Even the same sheet, animals, blankets and babies. Corinne has successfully made the transition to her toddler bed--and looking back at the process, she handled it so extremely well, with just a few bumps on day 1 & 2. (I think it was harder for me than her, since I was the one worrying!) Amazingly, Little C. still hasn't skipped a nap to get out of her bed and play--although on the 2nd day she did play on her bed a lot of the time. But since then, she has done beautifully at both taking her naps and going to bed and hasn't even thought to get out of bed to come find us. Since I've read this is the number one problem when you switch a child to a bed, my conclusion is that either she hasn't thought of this brilliant idea yet, or she is an incredibly compliant child. The latter is mostly true, actually, but I know it is only a matter of time! Let's just hope it's not when the twins arrive! But really, Corinne loves her sleep. I think that is part of our success. But we'll take it! (And a special thank you to my friends who helped me along the way with ideas, tips, and encouragement...you know who you are!)

3 comments:

aunt laura said...

That bed looks tiny! I guess it is a little bed for a little person. I'm glad Little C has taken to it, and that you can cross one thing off of the list. That long to do - learn something new - adjust to a change list that has just begun. xo

Calley said...

Hey Bets, if it's any encouragement, Naomi didn't start getting out of her bed on her own until she was four or four-and-a-half, right about the time Selah moved into a big bed. We never told her she couldn't get up, she just didn't. Maybe it has something to do with being a first child. Selah on the other hand, we almost needed to tie down!

Aunt Marce said...

What a cute bed. I'm very proud of Corinne for doing so well with this transition. What a sweetheart.

Of course, sooner or later, she'll figure out that she can get out of bed, but hopefully that adventure is still a ways off.