I think it fitting that when carrying twins, the doctor and ultrasound tech name the babies A and B for purposes of tracking development, weight, growth, and various other issues that may come up, because that means we have an A and B to go with Little C! (Don't worry, though, we're not going to try and add the rest of the alphabet...one minivan is more than enough!)
So I thought I would share a little bit about our twins with you--it is clear that already they are showing some personality! Baby A is vertex or head down (=rule follower!) and seems to be the more relaxed, easy going one--based on her more infrequent squirms and kicks. She is low lying and closest to my cervix (that is why the doctor calls her A). I don't feel a ton of movements from her, and when I do they are just the simplest flutters! However, according to my ultrasound today, she may already weigh as much as 4 lbs 3oz (50th percentile). Yikes! Let's remember I am only 32 weeks! She's behaving herself quite nicely, staying head down like a good little girl, and to me that seems to fall in line with Corinne's compliant behavior, interestingly enough. And then there is Baby B...She is now in a breech position--having flipped since our last ultrasound. And wouldn't you know, she is constantly moving and kicking! I see appendages poking through my belly quite regularly with B! Right now her weight estimate is 3 lbs 13 oz--so perhaps she is just trying to assert herself a bit more than her sister, due to her smaller size! But really, I am shocked at those weight estimates...Corinne was only 7lbs 5oz and if you add the twins together they have definitely surpassed that! How can that be, I wonder, when I've gained less than 20 lbs to this point with the twins? Doesn't make sense, I say. Everyone keeps asking me where I am hiding the second baby, and sometimes I'm not sure myself.
Other fun things I can report: both twins have hair! Corinne had a ton of hair when she was born, and I mentioned this to the ultrasound tech. She told me she could see hair flying away in the amniotic fluid during the ultrasound. That makes me smile, I just love that!
Currently, I'm measuring 38 weeks--for a singleton--though I am only 32 weeks along. But 32 weeks is a wonderful milestone to reach, my doctor told me. If they were born now, everything would be just fine! That's great for peace of mind, though I have to say I'm not quite ready for them yet. Then again, will I ever be?! We're talking twins, here, and let's not forget how much of a shock it's been. And how much we've had to re-do, re-think, and remind ourselves that God is in control and not us.
Most days I feel good, but lately I have needed a nap when Corinne has taken her nap. And I can tell that some days just going grocery shopping or doing a simple errand will cause me to feel really uncomfortable. Thankfully, I can take those naps and with Corinne's early bedtime I can put my feet up in the evening and relax with Brett. It's thrown a small wrench in my social calendar...although I know not as big of one as it should be. Brett tells me I'm stubborn about letting others help and getting off my feet. But I just loathe the restriction I sometimes feel and I want to stay active. It's such a bummer that I can't play "chase" with Corinne and her baby strollers or take long walks with her to Ault Park like we used to, or even take her to her music class by myself (there's a lot of jumping, getting up and down, and moving quickly on your feet). I can't wait to get to the other side of delivery and recovery so I can do all those things again, just in time for summer! And of course, I can't wait to meet Baby A and Baby B...who shall continue to remain nameless until their grand entrance.
Thanks to all those who are praying for our family, it has made for a pretty uneventful and easy pregnancy overall and we are blessed.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I like the ABC nieces. Great update. It is wonderful to hear some news about the babies & you. I'm so glad you are healthy even if you are tired. I totally understand missing the walks with Little C, but you can look forward to taking the girls walking soon enough. (In fact, I want to do that too.)
Do you have a double wide stroller?
Love,
L. xoxo
Thanks for the wonderful update, Bets! It is great to hear about how you and Little A and Little B are doing. I love that the babies have their own personalities and lots of hair!
I can imagine you miss being more active for lots of reasons, though I'm very grateful at the moment for Corinne's naps and early bedtime, knowing that this gives you a chance to take it easy each day.
I love the update on the twins! How fun to think about these little girls being born w/a headful of hair and their own little personalities. Can't wait to meet these sweet girls! ;-)
Post a Comment