Friday, April 30, 2010

Homestretch

I love keeping up our family blog, mostly because I love sharing photos and writing about what life is like for our family. But lately I'm finding that it is also a very practical way to get out information to a lot of people when, say, we're having twins and there are people who want updates! So, here is that latest: we are definitely in the homestretch! This morning my doctor scheduled me for a c-section this Thursday morning at 7:45am. Apparently the twins did not get the memo that they are allowed (expected!?) to come early since there are 2 of them! I will be exactly 39 weeks that day, which is the soonest the law will allow the doctor to schedule it since neither the babies nor I have any known health issues or risk factors at this point. But, I'll be honest and let you know that you may want to check the blog before that because I'm not sure I'm going to make it to Thursday. I'm almost halfway dilated at this point--crazy how different this time around has been than with Corinne! Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. Nothing about this has been even remotely the same. God's way of keeping me in check and relying on Him, no doubt. And that's as up to date as I can get you right now. Aunt Marcey may do some remote updates/posts for us on the blog in our absence. My mom is moving in when we head to the hospital and planning to stay for a while. Bags are packed, the car is partially loaded, and we are praying for a smooth and safe delivery of our little girls, as well as a great transition for Little C! Thanks for joining us in prayer all of these months. It won't be long!

8 comments:

Golf Girl said...

Bets,

I will be praying for the family. Everything will go great. Can't wait to meet the little ladies.

Anna

The McClains said...

Thanks for the updates, Betsy! I'm glad you have a c-section date set (an end is in sight!). Keep us posted - we'll be praying!

The Simon Family said...

You are almost there girl! Thanks for the update:) We can not wait to meet your little girls. Lots of love.

Tyneal

Aunt Marcey said...

I am ready to post the big news whenever the little girls decide it's time. Bets, you look fantastic! It sounds like everything is in place so now we just wait. I am thankful for all the many answered prayers thus far and am excited we have reached the home stretch. Aunt Laura and I are in NYC together and wish you were here. We are coming up with lots of great ideas for future "sisters" weekends (which I am sure will some day include little c and her sisters!).

Anonymous said...

I have been check with your mom and watch here almost daily for updates. Thanks for keeping us all up to date. We are all eagerly awaiting the big day and the answer to all our prayers that the girls have safely arrived. God be with all of you. Aunt Pat

Calley said...

Rooting all of you on! Can't wait to hear about their arrival.

Mike & Megan said...

Finally the end is near!! Thanks for sharing an update. You really look terrific : ) Can't wait to meet your beautiful baby girls!

The Brooks Family said...

Bets,

You are too cute!!! I can't stand it!!! Love ya my friend!!!

Kris