Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Waiting

That's what we're doing! But, as I said in the last post, hoping to wait for at least a week longer because Little C. is still sick and that has been difficult in and of itself. Poor thing! There are so many reasons why this would be a really bad time to leave for the hospital--so your prayers on our behalf would be greatly appreciated!!

As for the twins...they are doing fantastic! We had another ultrasound today--probably the last one--and all looks perfect. However, Baby B is "perched" on top of her sister, lying sideways across my abdomen. This is called "transverse" in technical lingo. Baby A is still straight up and down, with her head being (way) down. I guess they like to snuggle with one another, even now:) And as far as weight goes...the doc couldn't be happier (or more surprised, along with the rest of us)! They are estimated to weigh 5lb 8 ounces and 5lb 10 ounces. I mean...I'm carrying around 12 pounds of baby! That is absolutely nuts!! The ultrasound tech laughed when the measurements were calculated because she couldn't believe it. Even now I haven't quite gained 25 lbs...so how is this possible? But, that is awesome news as far as health goes for the twins. Their weight, coupled with the fact that I will hit 36 weeks on Thursday bodes well for a short (or non-existent) stay in the NICU. And for that we are very thankful.

One of the things I've really struggled with this pregnancy is all the "unknowns" that are present just because I'm having twins. From delivery to nursing to the NICU and more, I have felt very anxious at times not knowing the answers or outcomes to these questions and scenarios. But today one of those was checked off my list. With my doctor's expertise and recommendation we will be planning on a c-section when I go into labor, due to various risks and factors outside of our control. All along I've felt very conflicted about how I might deliver the twins, but I'm feeling so much better now just knowing what is planned. So whether I would choose this method of delivery or not, I feel like one piece to this giant puzzle is at least now in place and that is an answer to prayer.

So it's waiting time. No signs of labor yet, not even a contraction. We'll wait until the twins are ready, and hopefully until Corinne is healthy. Exactly one month from today is my official due date. Sometime between now and then would be wonderful! We are anxious to get on with this crazy adventure!

7 comments:

aunt laura said...

That's great news, Betsy. We are all waiting right along with you.

Love,
L. xoxo

The McClains said...

Great news, Bets! I'm glad to hear that the babies are doing well and growing. But, seriously, I can not believe how tiny you still are!!! It just seems unfair to all the rest of us who gain more than 25 pounds with just one baby! :-) Ha!

geri said...

Betsy, That is such GREAT news. You have been in my thoughts and prayers on a continual basis since I first heard you were having a baby. Then I heard two and just doubled my thoughts and prayers :)

I just emailed your mom for an update and then here is this - so perfect!!

And wow, they are getting to be such big girls already. They are both estimated to be more than Angella was - and I only had one! Way to go!!


Love you lots! ...geri

aunt marce said...

What a wonderful update, Betsy! Thoughts and prayers continue all the time for the baby girls, Corinne, you, Brett and your family transition.

I look forward to helping out. : )

Love you so much,

Marce

Mike & Megan said...

Wonderful news!! Amazing that the twins are so big and glad to hear that you are all healthy : ) We will continue to pray for you and that the girls arrive at the perfect time. I hope that Corinne is feeling much better soon!

Julie Thompson said...

Hi Bets! It's Julie (Bollinger) Thompson. Jules. :) Marce sent your blog and I started following it. I am so excited for you! Wow, twins and you are only a month away. That is huge and great news for you and the babies! Corrine is adorable. Can't wait to see your new little girls.

The Brooks Family said...

Great news! The Lord is always so faithful! Praying for you!

Love, Kris