
Ellen and Sophie are six weeks old. (Doesn't it look like they are whispering a secret to one another? A preview of things to come, I'm sure.) The last six weeks have really flown by-- they've gone SO much faster than the last six weeks of my pregnancy! I love our family of 5, even with all the challenges and demands it brings. The twins are doing so well, and continue to be a constant source of joy to all of us. We had their one month appointment the other day and found out the above (surprising) stats. Right now we're in a great groove with their "schedule" (can you really have one at only 6 weeks old?!) During the day Ellen and Sophie eat, stay awake for an hour or so, and then sleep until the next feeding! It's great...so easy at this point. And they are so so close to smiling for us, I can tell it's going to happen soon. They've also begun to make cute little baby noises and they track the people and things going on around them so well lately. Both of them can already hold their head up and switch sides to look the opposite direction when laying on their tummies. My mom commented to me that the girls hardly ever cry--such a switch from Little C in the early weeks. Even during the night when they wake up at 4am to eat, it's not very easy to hear them stirring. Just a few squeaks or noises here or there to let us know it's time...so it's a good thing I've become accustomed to hearing even the smallest sounds during the night! One thing we're behind on is reading books with them--I'll admit that I've done far less of that than I did with Corinne at this point. Sadly, I have a feeling there are a lot of things that I'll be saying that for. But overall the girls are thriving. We love watching them change and grow!
3 comments:
Wonderful post! The girls are absolutely gorgeous. :) I just blogged w/some photos from today. We had a great time w/you and little C!
They are getting cuter -- and bigger! -- by the day. I miss E & S! And I'm so glad to hear how much you're enjoying it all. What a great time.
Love,
Aunt Marce
Oh, Betsy, I met your mom when you and our Megan were one year old. Now, you are both moms and doing wonderful jobs with the little one!
Hugs< Pam Park
Post a Comment