
What a terrific week! Laura was in town from California for a whole week and became super nanny/auntie. We had such a great time together and Little C loved playing, running, jumping, chasing, reading, and cuddling with her Aunt LaLa. Impressively, Laura conquered a "double feed" for the twins one morning at 5:30 or so. She changed diapers, swaddled, and settled the girls for naps all week long. She unloaded the dishwasher every evening and grocery shopped, too. And those of you who know my sister also know she is a tremendous cook, and so our family enjoyed delicious meals every night. (Poor Brett has to go back to my cooking now...) But one of my favorite things was our nightly walks with the twins after Corinne was in bed. We only snuck in a few of them, but it was great to talk as we walked--just the two of us. Laura left yesterday and saying goodbye was hard. Every time my sisters come in town for a visit I realize again how much I miss having them close by. They are amazing friends, aunts, sisters and encouragers. I love spending time with them so much and I'm proud of who they are. I hope my girls will be as close as my sisters and I are.
3 comments:
It was a wonderful week for me. I love being Aunt Lala, and playing & helping with the girls and around the house too. I'm impressed by what a great mom you are and the team you & Brett make. The girls are happy & healthy because of it.
I'd forgotten about lightning bugs & mosquitos. Corinne breaking out in song spontaneously, her full sentences & vocabulary words, watching her learn new things amazed & delighted me. Ellen & Sophie are sweet adorable beautiful babies. The kid + cooking combo was challenging; so I'm glad that dinner turned out well enough. Thanks for allowing me time to run & visit friends & spend time with Mom & Dad too.
I too wish you guys were closer so I could see you more often. I'm already looking forward to my next visit.
Love,
Laura xoxo
It sounds like you had a great visit with your sister! Hope all is well....
See! I would have thought that first picture was you, Bets, if I hadn't read your heading! It's so neat for me to see pictures of your family. It just seems like yesterday I was hanging out in your kitchen eating your mom's chocolate cake!
Post a Comment