Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Super Dad

L to R: Sophie, Corinne, Ellen Brett was Mr. Mom this past weekend, taking on the kids without me on three separate occasions. Pretty impressive! I eased him into it, though. Saturday morning my mom and I took Corinne shopping for a "fancy dress" (her words) to wear to my mom's wedding. (More on that in another post) So Brett had just Ellen and Sophie for the morning. Lucky him, they slept the entire time! Brett did call for reinforcements for Saturday evening when I ran in a 6pm race--a most unfortunate time of day to leave him alone. But our friends Rick and Jenn came to the rescue and were a big help and moral support. Corinne also made a new best friend in Rick! Very sweet, those two. And the grand finale was Sunday afternoon when Brett was solo from about 12:30 until 5:15 when I returned from a great afternoon of celebrating at a baby shower for one of my longtime friends. And I might add that perhaps more importantly than how things went was that 1) all three kids plus Brett did survive and 2) Brett was a terrific sport about it. No complaints from him anywhere (just a few yawns...) Needless to say, I think going back to work was a welcome reprieve for him.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the cutest thing I have seen!!!

The McClains said...

Yea! Thank goodness for great daddies and for breaks for mommies! :)

Aunt Marce said...

Gorgeous girls! I bet they had a fabulous and fun time with dad this weekend.

Cannot wait to see all of you soon!

Aunt Laura said...

Look, Ellen & Sophie are holding hands. Smiles & bright blue eyes all around. (And a lot of drooling.) That all makes me smile.

Aunt Laura said...

I was so taken with the cute picture that I forgot to say: Great job, Brett!