Monday, February 21, 2011

Ellen is Crawling

Ellen has figured out how to get around. She gets up on her knees for a bit, and then back on her tummy, and then repeats. Kind of like she's doing "the centipede". It works for her and when she's really after something she wants: my water bottle, Corinne's princesses, the camera, etc, she can do it really fast! It's a lot harder this time to have a baby (or two, when Sophie figures it out) crawling around the house. With Corinne I could pretty much be right there all the time because it was just her. Now that's clearly not the case. Ellen is into everything. She's so curious, has a long attention span, and wants everything she can't have. She's super sweet but so stranger-shy. She's working on her 2nd tooth right now and getting up early in the morning, too...much to my, and Sophie's, dismay. Even as challenging as it is going to be with Ellen on the move, I am still excited that she has reached this milestone! Sophie doesn't seem nearly as interested yet.

2 comments:

Aunt Marce said...

Way to go Ellen!

And watch out to ... princesses, all of Corinne's favorite toys (and even her not so favorite ones), and Lily the Cat.

The McClains said...

Hooray Ellen! I knew it was just a matter of days after I saw her last week! And don't worry about Sophers. Ross crawled much earlier than I did - I think it was because he was physically bigger. In fact, I never crawled... just scooted around on my bottom and one day stood up and walked. My parents were worried that I might have developmental problems ... but I turned out ok. Ha! :)