
Our cat of 5 1/2 years moved to California today to live with my sister, Laura. There's a story behind this move, but nothing really very interesting or worth writing about here. It can be summed up by saying that Laura will give Lily attention, love and a great place to live in San Francisco. The morning started with a tranquilizer for Lily to calm her down for the flight and then off she went with Laura to fly to her new home. (They even flew first class) Lily was Laura's carry-on, complete with a veterinary Certificate of Inspection, new tags and collar with her new address, and of course a plane ticket. It will be fun (weird?) to see Lil again when we visit Laura. But that also made it easier to say goodbye, too. I can only wonder if she's looking around for some noisy children right about now. Enjoy the peace and quiet, Lil! And thanks for teaching Soph to say "ca" (her version of "cat"). Don't worry, Lil, we'll pick up where you left off and teach her the end of the word!
4 comments:
Oh my gosh! I can't believe Lily is gone. Gwyn will be so confused when she goes to your house the next time! :-) Hope she has a good life at Laura's house.
Lily was great on the trip home - some combination of being such a good kitty, the meds & being a little scared. She's been doing laps sniffing out her new home (and alternately hiding out under the bed or the sofa). I think she likes it here, but probably misses you guys too. I'll take good care of her.
So glad to hear the trip went well from tranquilizer to touchdown! Lily will definitely have a very good life in SF, and Corinne knows she'll get to see Lily when she visits Aunt Lala in California. I just hope Soph and Elle don't have a "cat" gap in their vocab! : )
Ah, I bet everyone will miss her but I am sure that Laura will take good care of her. Glad she made the trip safely.
Anna
Post a Comment