



Ellen and Sophie had a wonderful time at their birthday party. These pictures serve to recount a few highlights...first, Brett ended up buying a helium tank. Yes, you read that right. Apparently it was cheaper than buying 15 helium balloons from our local party store. They now sell helium tanks that come with gobs of balloons and we are now the owners of such a thing. Who knew?! Brett had fun blowing up the balloons with the girls--and of course sucking in the helium to change his voice. (I think they were a little freaked out by that) Once everyone arrived we had dinner, but this year we brought down the girls' table and chairs from the playroom so they could eat at their own table. It was a hit! And I must also mention and include a picture of the shoes my mom got for E & S. Mind you I was told by my mom that she had gotten the girls some cute "hot pink" shoes. Please back me up on the fact that these shoes are NOT hot pink. I would say they are 80's fluorescent pink--more specifically New Kids on the Block pink. Obnoxious pink. They do not match any pink that anyone owns in 2012. Likely I had something in 1989 that might have matched? But the girls love them and wanted to go to bed with the shoes that evening. Much to our chagrin Ellen chose to wear them to church the next morning! Lastly, the cozy coupe cars. The most purchased car in America, really. Ellen and Sophie have chased longingly after all of our neighbors' cozy coupe cars so.many.times. Finally they each have their own.
5 comments:
Loved the pictures! And I adore the two cars - too cool. Thanks for sharing the girls' special day!
Cte pictures of a fun time.
Confirmed -- they are fluorescent pink circa 1985. But they are perfect for Ellen & Sophie (and even Corinne, who loved them, too)! So Mimi was spot on, if not fashion forward. : )
Lots of flourescent attire can be seen on the streets of San Francisco. Who new Mimi & E & S were so cutting edge?! ; )
Happy to see more pictures of the girls and the birthday party. xo
Those pink shoes ARE outrageous. I believe I had leg warmers, slap bracelets and gel shoes in that same color when I was nine! ;-)
Post a Comment