Monday, August 31, 2009

Changes

20 months has brought lots of changes for Corinne. Her vocabulary has had yet another explosion, along with an even more significant milestone: talking in (modified) sentences! Corinne announces regularly, "This is ________ " (insert: baby, train, Lilly, water etc.). Or she might narrate what someone is doing, "Daddy is sit(ting)". We'll work on the grammar later:) Lately Corinne has shown a new interest in crayons and chalk, so we spend time decorating our patio any chance we get. Little C is pretending with play food, animals, and just about anything else her little imagination can conjure up words for. She also loves to wear both Brett's shoes and mine around the house! We often catch the sweet sound of Corinne humming or singing softly to herself as she walks outside or plays with toys. "Thank you" has finally joined "please" in laying a small foundation for, and introduction to, manners. And both bedtime and nap time have moved earlier as a result of this new (brain) activity. (Thankfully I finally figured out that her sudden sleep interruptions were just a product of exhaustion! I can check that mystery off the list as solved.) I believe she is getting her eye teeth, which would bring her total count to...16 when they finally all come crashing through her poor gums. We can't believe that Corinne is rounding the corner and heading for TWO years old! While we've seen flashes of what some have warned us are the "terrible twos" I have to say that Corinne is still a sweet little girl. I think the "twos" will be quite terrific!

3 comments:

Mimi/aka Grammy said...

Yes indeed, Miss Corinne is getting to be a big girl! It was really cute to see her "klomping" around the living room last Thursday evening in my shoes while cleaning the floor with her new toy vacuum cleaner! Mommy's little helper was on the move.

aunt laura said...

Wow. Great descriptions, Bets. And I love hearing about all the new things Corinne is up to. Can't wait to see her. In the meantime, I'll have to find some new superlative adjectives for future comments.

xo

aunt marcey said...

My favorite is the humming and singing to herself. What a sweet, happy girl!