Sunday, August 23, 2009

Imagination--

Corinne has been using hers a lot lately! The following scene has become quite common lately...I might be cleaning up lunch or making dinner and I'll hear these sweet "HELLO"s coming from Corinne. The first time it happened I was baffled by this (and the other noises coming from the sun room), so I peeked in on Corinne to find that she had set up all her Noah's ark animals (and a few toys that weren't animals!) on the sun room floor. And, she was walking a few of them along the step leading into our dining room. As for the "HELLO", it was none other than lady lion (that's how we've taught her to differentiate the male from the female/mane-vs -no mane) saying hello to lion! She was holding them up to one another and making voices for them as they happily said "HELLO" to one another! Priceless. Look closely at the next two pictures and you'll notice that I caught Corinne saying "HEL--LO". Each picture captures the two respective syllables. Friendly animals, aren't they?!
Besides noticing the neat rows of animals, the other significant observation that we made from these pictures is how grown up Little C looks! Unbelievable how much she looks like a little girl these days! Afterall, she is almost 20 months old:)

3 comments:

aunt laura said...

Yes, she is getting so big!! Cute... How about adding Bonjour, Ola, Buon Giorno to the repetoire?

aunt marcey said...

That is too cute! Betsy and Brett, you must get a kick out of eavesdropping on Corinne's play time. And I agree: She is growing up fast! Wow -- what a big girl. Amazing.

Love,
Aunt Marcey

aunt marcey said...

P.S.: I forgot to say that Corinne looks like she has a tan! I can even see the tan lines on her feet from her sandals. She really is Betsy's child.