Thursday, March 4, 2010

30 weeks

This week marks 30 weeks along with our twin girls and after numerous requests from friends and family who live out of town, I finally found enough courage to post a picture. Here you have it! I'm not sure what week I'm measuring currently, but can report that at 28 weeks I was measuring 33 weeks along--for someone having a "singleton". (Yes, I know, there's a whole new lingo I've been introduced to since reading up on twins.) And, just in case I forget how big I am, Corinne periodically says things like: "Mommy's belly is getting bigger. She has two babies in there." (Thanks, Little C, for the news bulletin:) To give a short update, things continue to be uneventful so far. And that's a good thing. I see my doctor every week and am scheduled for ultrasounds every 4 weeks. Soon those will become more frequent, too. The biggest concern with multiples is premature labor and bedrest, so I am praying that I can continue to avoid both of those! The longer these girls stay in utero, the better. And I'd rather not go the bedrest route--that would absolutely devestate me. Mostly because I think about Corinne and how the precious time I have left with just her before the twins come would have to be so drastically different. Yet there is nothing that points to that at this point, and for that I am thankful! Most days I am still feeling pretty good, but definitely more tired. Mostly, I feel like I did at the very end of my pregnancy with Corinne--big, tight, like every muscle is stretching and then there is the constant weight of the babies pushing down on me. I can't complain, though, I am mobile and still active (probably more than I should be for my own good at this point). But I am happy to report that we have made much progress on our to-do list and have all major things in place--nursery, new car, car seats, etc. Practically speaking, we are ready to welcome our two little girls! And I'm getting there mentally, too, as it's hitting me this week that it really could be at any time. However, I'm banking on a good 6-8 weeks before our world totally changes! Stay tuned...

7 comments:

Jenn said...

Yay for 30 weeks! You look fantastic!

aunt laura said...

Hi B,

You look great!! I'm glad to hear that the major stuff on your to do list is done. That should give you some peace of mind. Do take care of yourself. What I mean let yourself go slow, do less, rest, just enjoy hanging out with Little C, etc. Listen to to how you feel. I know it's hard to shift gears (it's hard for me too), but I'm giving you permission.

Love,
L

Natalie said...

You look fantastic!
Mary

geri said...

OMG you do not look like you are having twins!!! You look adorable!!! Thanks for sharing pics I have been so anxiously awaiting them!! Love ya!

The McClains said...

Bets - you look awesome! I aspire to look like you during all of my pregnancies. ;-) Give your tummy a little pat for me.

aunt marce said...

Dear Bets --

You look fantastic and it was so good to see you (and Brett and Corinne) and spend time with all of you last weekend. I'm so impressed at how you and Brett are plowing through the to-do list! No doubt your organizational skills will get you through many days ahead.

With your to-do list dwindling, and plenty of people around to help, you can focus on taking care of yourself and those sweet twin girls and enjoying your remaining one-on-one time with Miss Corinne.

I love you!
Aunt Marce

Linnea said...

Betsy, you look great!! Can you believe they will be here so soon! I am so excited for you.

Glad some of clothes were able to work for you. I like that Susan passed them on. :)

Soren's pediatrician mentioned preschool for him to give him some more activity in the day. He's a go-go kind of kid, so learning outside of the house would be great for him. We might do a 2 morning a week co-op. Nothing too serious at this point.