Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Uncle Sam

There is a house at the top of our street that decorates for every holiday--I mean every single one--even Memorial Day. And over the weekend Corinne and I discovered Uncle Sam guarding this neighbor's gated yard. I took the opportunity to introduce Corinne to Uncle Sam and she was enamored with him, flag and all. But today when Little C returned from her walk with Brett's mom she informed me that "Sam" was not outside. It's always a bummer for Corinne when these neighbors take down their decorations. She still talks about the black cat that went away after Halloween and the turkey that is no more (from Thanksgiving). But perhaps Uncle Sam will come out again for the 4th of July?

2 comments:

Aunt Marce said...

A great way for Corinne to learn her holidays! She'll be so excited to see the big black cat and the turkey again this year.

Portman said...

And they don't forget!