Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Connections

C and her cousin recently got to go see the Cincinnati Children's Theater perform Seussical, Jr. They had a terrific time despite the rainy day! The other day when I used the word "possible" in casual conversation with Corinne she said, "Like in Seussical, mom?" At first I wasn't sure what the connection was...and then I remembered that there was a song in the musical called "Anything's Possible". Sometimes I'm amazed at how she connects the most random or trivial things in our day to something I've never even given a second thought to. It's so true, though: kids are sponges. They are soaking everything in, constantly trying to apply and connect things in order to make sense of their ever expanding world.

3 comments:

geri said...

OMG that is so true! I remember one time I was listening to Angella play "house" with her dolls and she was the mom. I don't remember exactly what she said to her child, but I do remember thinking OMG that is exactly what I would say! They are taking in more than we often realize. That is why you being such a wonderful role model for the girls is such a blessing. ...geri

Aunt Marce said...

Corinne is very observant and has a memory like a steel trap, too!

Aunt Geri is right ... So glad Corinne and her sisters have lots of great role models around them, starting with great parents.

Aunt Laura said...

I am endlessly fascinated by children for that very reason. It is so wonderful to observe them growing & learning, taking in & figuring out the world.