Saturday, October 6, 2012

E & S: busy coloring



Even though C is in school three mornings per week, only one of those days do the girls and I get to come home in between drop off and pick up. On that day each week it's been so fun to let E and S play together, and even more fun to just sit back and observe them. They talk to each other--half of which in their own language-- and they are just so cute together. I have loved this short time each week, as it shows me a different side of their relationship. It's the side that demonstrates their twin bond, a side that is usually buried due to life's busy schedule or the dynamics that evolve when Corinne, myself or Brett are around. But when they are allowed this time together, with no one else interfering, it is fascinating to behold. They follow each other, make up their own games, give each other directives, and just generally play back and forth with one another. On this particular day they were just hanging out doing some coloring...while sitting on their own little "bench". (Yes, that is their diaper box. No, I have not attempted potty training them)

4 comments:

Aunt Laura said...

They are so sweet. I can't wait to see them.

geri said...

That is too cute. I love the interaction between them, what a special bond they are going to have. Love ya, thanks for the update. ....geri

Mimi said...

So sweet to observe how the girls play together, very special indeed.

Aunt Marce said...

I would love to see them interacting. I think it's great that Little E & S have some time just for themselves.