
Despite what Corinne's shirt says ("Big Sister"), she tells me on a daily basis lately, "I'm your baby, mom". Corinne used to be proud of her "big girl" status but she seems to be reverting to all things baby as of late. She wants to sit on my lap during lunch, read the same books that her baby sisters read, play with their toys, and even sit in their bouncy seats and car seats. Corinne also pretends to need a bottle and a burp and asks me to hold her...then again, who can blame her?! As one onlooker observed tonight when we were out as a family: she's outnumbered now by little sisters! If you can't beat 'em, join 'em right? I don't mind that she is craving some extra attention recently. I never get tired of singing, running, playing with, and holding Little C. And I know that one day I'll look back and remember those moments with fond memories, probably wishing that she would still ask for all those things. But one tactic we've found that cures the "baby" syndrome if needed: "Babies don't get to eat dessert, Corinne." That does it in a heartbeat! Just tonight she didn't miss a beat when I told her that--she immediately came back with, "I'm a big girl, mom!"
3 comments:
So cute! I'll have to remember that motivator for Luke when Baby Miller arrives! I'm sure his love for ice cream will help him remember what a big boy he really is : ). Your girls are beautiful and growing so quickly. Love your updates about all 3!
Oh, that Corinne is so funny with her sense of humor! Good thing Mommy and Daddy figured out to play the dessert card. : )
It is endlessly fascinating to observe Little C making sense of the world, learning & growing. She is adjusting. xo
Post a Comment