SophieEllen, Sophie and I are waiting on Aunt Marcey to arrive from NY this afternoon! Thank goodness that Aunt M has a (new) flexible job and schedule so that she can fly in on a whim and rescue me from 5 double feedings 5 days in a row--yes, folks, that's 10 bottles per day for a total of 50 bottles. I'm utterly and totally solo this week/weekend with no one in town but my dad (thank goodness for him)! Little C got the chance to go with Brett to Tennessee to visit her cousins and see them in a production of "Snow White". (I know, could it get any better than that?! They even have a pool to swim in!) Brett's parents went along and my mom is out of town as well. So what to do? Call on my sisters to help. Laura seriously considered coming back for another visit, but it just wasn't to be with all that she's got going on right now. Plus, she's gearing up for a huge trip to Botswana. So Aunt Marcey saves the day! I am looking forward to the next few days to shower the twins with attention--something I feel like I never give them enough of when Little C is around. And selfishly I'm looking forward to some big chunks of time for myself while they nap. Honestly, I'm so overwhelmed at the thought of it all that I don't even know what I'll do with myself. It's crazy! When was the last time I had this much down time?! And Marcey and I will enjoy hanging out, eating out, shopping and playing with Elle and Soph. I am excited for Corinne to have a great weekend, too. I think she'll love her time with her cousins...and probably be totally exhausted when she returns! I can't wait to hear all about her time. She's been waiting for Wednesday ("trip day") and when she woke up this morning the first words out of her mouth were, "I'm ready for my trip to Tennessee!" I'll miss her for sure, and Brett too. But I also feel a huge sense of relief as I think ahead to the next few days. I guess I'm realizing how intense our daily schedule is now that some of it has been lightened.

7 comments:
Gotta love sisters! Have a great week / weekend!
Yeah! I'm glad that Marcey is coming to town to help and hang out. You will have a great time being together and taking care of the twins. Ellen and Sophie are getting so big! I can't believe it! They are just too cute! And, how wonderful that Brett and Corinne are taking a trip to Tennessee. They will have a blast!
Love ya! Kris
I hope everyone has a great long weekend. I'd love to be there too (next time), but really glad Aunt Marcey is on her way. xo
You DEFINITELY have your hands full, my friend! I hope you have a great visit with Marcey and get some downtime to yourself. :)
You DEFINITELY have your hands full, my friend! I hope you have a great visit with Marcey and get some downtime to yourself. :)
I was very happy to help, Bets! It was a great few days with you and those sweet girls, as always. Can't wait to hang out with all of you again.
Hey, I want to see some follow up pictures of Aunt Marcey's trip! :) Hopefully, I'll get down to your neck of the woods soon.
Julie
Post a Comment