Tuesday, July 20, 2010

E & S

Ellen L, Sophie R
Ellen Sophie
And here's an update on the twins (Sophie L, Ellen R):


Sophers and Elle are doing great! They are almost 11 weeks old and we visited the doc for their 2 month appointment last week. Ellen is up to 11 lbs 15 oz and 23 inches. Sophie is holding her own at 10 lbs 10 oz and 22 inches long. Both of them are full of smiles! When I go in to get them up in the morning they just beam up at me-- such a wonderful way to start the day with them! They are finding their voices and making more and more cute baby noises lately, too. All 3 of our girls must have the sleep gene (from Brett's side of the family?) because these two have been sleeping through the night for a few weeks. Currently they are in bed for the night around 9:45pm and they don't get up until around 7:15am. Awesome!! (But why am I still so tired?!?) The girls take walks with me a few nights per week and they are getting the hang of ignoring the uneven sidewalks around here. (This wasn't the case in the beginning...) We're finding more time to read books together lately and they're taking more interest in their toys instead of just faces. I'm convinced that they will be rolling over pretty soon, though it took Little C nearly six months. But these two love their tummies and Sophie is so close to rolling over that it makes me laugh. She's such a squirmy little thing! Ellen continues to have a very even temperment, letting Sophie do the talking for the two of them. Ellen is also a slow, lazy eater. Sophie will suck her bottle down, and take more than her bigger twin counterpart most times. They hardly ever cry during the day, though they fuss in the evenings if they don't get a short nap before bed. Both girls have beautiful blue eyes and long, long eyelashes. E & S are the sweetest things! I'm so thankful for them and for how laid back they are. It makes the rest of life not as stressful with Miss Corinne and her daily dramatics.

3 comments:

Aunt Laura said...

Those pictures make me laugh. I thought Sophie was about to rollover when I was visiting. They are changing so much & getting big. I miss all the girls and wish I could see their smiles and play with C. Hooray for the sleeping.

Aunt Marcey said...

I can't believe how big they are! Wow. They get cuter and cuter. So glad to hear about all their activities and latest developments.

Ann C said...

I love these pics! The girls are really beginning to look like all of you! Ellen looks like Corrine to me, and Sophie looks familiar, too! Maybe like either you or Brett? I can't decide, but I see you guys in her. And, you are tired, Miss Betsy, b/c you have 3 children under 3, and you stay home and care for them all day long. Kids literally drain the energy from us! And when they are sleeping, I'm sure you are washing bottles, clothes, the floor, picking up toys etc... Have you become a coffee drinker, yet? It certainly helps! And finally, God bless those sleeping babes! I think I'm Charlie's long lost twin b/c we still sleep side by side.