Friday, July 16, 2010

Snug

This is how I found Ellen & Sophie this morning at 7:25am, snuggling right up to one another as they always do, though this is the first time I've found them in this particular arrangement. Their positioning tends to vary but there's never been a time that they haven't cuddled up to one another at bedtime or naptime, despite the fact that we lay them down with a foot or so of room between them. A twin thing, I'm sure. Love it! (Oh, and that's Soph on top, Ellen below)

So that sweet moment was what started my Friday. Two peacefully sleeping girls. And the icing on the cake: Corinne still asleep as well! That's right, all 3 slept until about 7:30am. Heavenly. Except that I woke up around 6:15am. Rats. Nonetheless, I'll take it! There were some other great things about our day today as well. I'll try and list some of them here for you.

Great things about Friday:
1. All three girls slept until 7:30am
2. E & S took an awesome nap from 8:45am until 10:30am which allowed Corinne and I to play together completely uninterrupted! That is a rarity. We danced, sang, painted, played with her baby dolls, princesses, little people, and more. It was quality!
3. Corinne and I enjoyed lunch together and then chasing one another outside afterwards--thankfully the rain held off and we had a ball:)
4. My dad stopped by for a visit to see the girls and helped me feed the twins while he was here. Hooray that I didn't have to do three double feedings in a row by myself. And hooray for the company, too!
5. I vacuumed and swept. (okay, not exciting but productive and necessary!)
6. Brett came home early from work.
7. All 5 of us went for pizza and then for ice cream at Graeter's.
8. Graeter's was giving away free cake for their 140th Anniversary. So we got ice cream and cake!
9. I got to upload some pictures and...well...I'm getting a chance to do some blogging!


So the night isn't over yet--and the weekend hasn't hardly kicked off yet--and it's been a terrific day. So much to be thankful for : )

4 comments:

Aunt Laura said...

Fantastic! I'm so glad you all had a good day. Love the picture of Ellen & Sophie. I miss all of you girls. Yea, for Pop Pop showing up and helping. I bet the visit & helping with the feeding made it a good day for him too.

Aunt Marce said...

What a great day for all of you! And such a sweet photo of the little girls.

The McClains said...

So sweet. I'm glad to hear you had a great Friday. The girls are adorable and I love that they snuggle up with each other each night... so precious!

Mimi said...

What a sweet picture of the girls! Having a great Friday is especially good after a challenging Wednesday and counting the blessings is such a wonderful way to keep life in perspective.