Sunday, July 4, 2010

Our 4th of July

We had a fun, busy and HOT 4th of July! It was our goal to make it to church this week as a family of 5 since we haven't all gone together until now. And we made it! Our morning was packed with getting showers, breakfast, 3 girls fed and dressed, the car loaded and Brett and I armed with all our "supplies" for this seemingly short but monumental (?) excursion:) Oh, and did I mention that I decided to also give E & S baths that morning, too?! Yeah. But surprisingly, we were all buckled in the car at 9:28 am--right on time! Sucess. It can be done! After we got home and on a whim I decided to make an Independence Day cake for the July 4th occasion...actually, I'm pretty sure it was my sweet tooth that made me do it. But nonetheless, we enjoyed it thoroughly. And then it was off to the fireworks at Ault Park. Actually, off to the fireworks celebration since we were long gone from the park by the time the fireworks began at 10pm! But we did enjoy a picnic dinner at the park together and a very hot walk there. So glad we dropped off the van earlier in the day so we could make a quick getaway, too! What a great day!


3 comments:

The Brooks Family said...

Wow! I'm totally impressed!

Aunt Laura said...

Hurrah!! Congratulations. It looks like fun. Well, fun & hot. It is only going to get easier and more fun with those three girls.

aunt marce said...

Wow! Amazing work, Team Schatz. And what a fun family day! You guys are cute.