Sunday, June 19, 2011

Beach Bums


We had a terrific time on Kiawah Island this past week. I think the sun and sand did all of us some good! It was Ellen & Sophie's first trip to the beach and by the end of the week Sophie wanted to walk (holding onto our hands) right into the water. Ellen was content to sit down in the sand and shallow water as the end of a wave came in. Corinne, well, she liked the waves too! She learned to jump them and enjoyed building her own version of a sand castle (see above). Now that we're finally home the kids are completely wiped out, another indication that they played hard. More pictures to come as we share about our week at the beach...and the many unexpected events that took place!

6 comments:

Mimi said...

Terrific pictures of the girls enjoying the sun and sand. So glad everyone had a good time. Bet it was nice to have more adults than kids for a week and give mommy a little break.

Aunt Marce said...

So much fun to see the girls explore the beach and waves!

geri said...

Yahoo - I've been checking every day for vacation info. Sounds like it was great, I can't wait to hear more. ...geri

The McClains said...

So cute! I'm glad you had a great week. Can't wait to see more pictures from your fun week at the beach.

The McClains said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aunt Laura said...

I had a great time too. The girls were a lot of fun.