I mean, seriously. Who doesn't love Target?! With kids, I love it even more. It's the one place I can take all 3 girls that is fun for all of us and can also actually become a productive trip. I am getting good at taking the 3 girls places--it is not without careful planning, though! I must carefully select somewhere that is easy, quick, interesting, and fulfills something on my to do list. Contrary to what one might think, it is an exact science. (Or maybe it just feels that way!) Timing is definitely everything. Our routine has been to get out after Ellen and Sophie's morning nap, and after all three girls have had a little morning snack. Also after C has used the potty, of course. We are gone just long enough to make it worth the car seat-to-the-double-stroller ordeal. But not too long that anyone is cranky and overly hungry for lunch, or tired for their afternoon nap. Do you see how "quick" trips really aren't all that simple anymore?! Yet it has been such a breath of fresh air for me to get out with all the girls--some sunshine and new scenery, coupled with productivity does wonders for my spirits. Plus it's just fun to be out and about again...with my 3 amazing kids in tow. I love it! What a year it's been. But what a year it will be, too.
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
We Love Target
I mean, seriously. Who doesn't love Target?! With kids, I love it even more. It's the one place I can take all 3 girls that is fun for all of us and can also actually become a productive trip. I am getting good at taking the 3 girls places--it is not without careful planning, though! I must carefully select somewhere that is easy, quick, interesting, and fulfills something on my to do list. Contrary to what one might think, it is an exact science. (Or maybe it just feels that way!) Timing is definitely everything. Our routine has been to get out after Ellen and Sophie's morning nap, and after all three girls have had a little morning snack. Also after C has used the potty, of course. We are gone just long enough to make it worth the car seat-to-the-double-stroller ordeal. But not too long that anyone is cranky and overly hungry for lunch, or tired for their afternoon nap. Do you see how "quick" trips really aren't all that simple anymore?! Yet it has been such a breath of fresh air for me to get out with all the girls--some sunshine and new scenery, coupled with productivity does wonders for my spirits. Plus it's just fun to be out and about again...with my 3 amazing kids in tow. I love it! What a year it's been. But what a year it will be, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm sure it's fun for everyone to be out together! Great job, Bets. (And look at how big those little girls are getting!)
And with nice weather (at least I hear it is summer???) it makes it even easier and more fun. Enjoy your time with yours girls - though it is a tough time it is also a wonderful time and one you will always remember and cherish.
Love you and congrats on flying solo (LOL well solo with 3-kids!)
Good goin', Mom! It has indeed been quite the year and am glad to see that you and all the girls are getting out and about a bit.
I'm impressed.
Post a Comment