Saturday, May 29, 2010

Double Duty

Yes, folks, it can be done! I have perfected feeding both girls a bottle simultaneously in the last few days. I figured I might as well get comfortable with it now because soon I will inevitably need to make this a daily occurence. Things I've learned: Ellen is heavier, so she gets the bouncy seat. Little Sophie can lay on the pillow...she's too small for a bouncy seat or a boppy right now. Also, using bibs instead of burp cloths are key--because they catch the drips so I don't have to (because I can't...unless I grow another hand or two). I've also learned that this method takes longer because I need to stop and change diapers as well as burp both girls. And, it's difficult (read: almost impossible) to keep the girls awake for the full feeding if they decide to doze. (Again, not enough hands.) But I'm so encouraged just knowing that I can accomplish a feeding for both girls if I need to. So we're figuring things out little by little. Though perhaps the hardest part is what to do with Corinne during this process...so far I've resorted to letting her watch a video. She gets one video (maximum) per day. I hope my blog readers don't think less of me now.

3 comments:

Marce said...

This just confirms what I already knew, Bets: You are supermom!

Anonymous said...

You are definitely amazing, Betsy! I only have to feed one baby and I definitely use the TV more than I'd like. Some day we'll be wishing they were home with us to snuggle up and watch TV :). You are doing such a great job!
Anne

Laura said...

Congrats on that accomplishment.