Monday, May 17, 2010

Girls

I'm still in disbelief that we have 3 girls under age 3...make that under age 2 1/2! The reality of that means many things these days. Loads of laundry every day, bottles to clean every few hours, diapers to constantly change, toys to pick up everywhere, visitors galore, house cleaning that goes by the wayside, someone needing a lap or hands around the clock, less sleep and no downtime. However, it also means 3 beautiful girls! And one day it will mean 3 beautiful girls who play together, laugh together, and learn from one another. I can't wait to see how our family evolves and how each set of relationships develop and grow. We are taking one day at a time right now, remembering to keep our sense of humor, and doing the best we can to give everyone what they need to feel secure, loved, and cared for...including in our marriage. And we can trust that by God's grace, we will all come out ahead! Brett's motto right now is "Thrive, not just survive!" So we are working toward that goal.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Yes: do keep your sense of humor and don't worry about the house cleaning.

What an adventure, challenge, crazy year this will be. I hope you'll find as I have that when you need help and ask for it, help arrives -- sometimes in unexpected yet wonderful ways. Wishing you patience & confidence that you can handle it. xo

Golf Girl said...

What a cute trio of girls. Ellen does look like Corinne.

Betsy & Brett enjoy the family and each moment God has provided, house work can wait.

Love you
Anna

Anonymous said...

I like Brett's moto. The house work can wait. It will be there tomorrow but the girls will not be as they are now. Time for a perfect house again some day. Right now a home is so much more important and it sounds like you are on the right track.
Aunt Pat

Laura said...

I have no doubt that you are conveying love & security to all three girls... even if it's hard, doesn't seem like you're doing things perfectly or there isn't enough time in each day. xo

Julie Thompson said...

Betsy,

Let the housecleaning go. That is really hard to do, but I have had to realize that this past year with homeschooling my middle one that it's just not a priority. Five years from now you will not remember if the bathroom is clean, but you will see the efforts you have done to pour into your girls both emotionally and spiritually!

Julie