Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Twins? What?!

Funny story...So my sister, Marcey, is in town for two weeks. Last night Brett, Marcey, our THREE kids, and I went out for ice cream and when we walked up to the ice cream counter to order Marce and I were standing next to each other. The girl helping us immediately asked, "Are you two twins?" To which we answered no, but found it incredibly ironic since I just had twins myself! Not to mention, Marcey and I are 5 years apart! But we seem to draw comments on our family resemblence often these days...though I have to say this is the first time 'twins' has been brought up! This picture was taken today because I needed to get some opinions from our blog followers. Do we really look that alike? We need Laura to be here with us because then it might be a question like, "Are you triplets?"

7 comments:

Marce said...

I liked getting that comment with you, Bets, because I've only ever gotten it with Laura (SF circa 2003?). And I was disappointed that Laura and I didn't get any comments like that when she was in NYC recently. In any case, I love it whenever a stranger recognizes any of us as sisters.

Laura said...

You went out for ice cream with all three kids? That's great! And of course, I should have known one of the first family outings would be for ice cream... Hearing the word twins must be a whole new experience now! I see a family resemblance with you two & all three of us. I am always surprised and yet not surprised when a stranger remarks about it.

Anonymous said...

I think Bets and Laura look more alike but I do think all 3 of you like like you are sisters.

Julie Thompson said...

Betsy,

When Marcey sent me your wedding pictures, it had been years since I had seen you. I still thought of you as little Bets who we joked around with. Anyway, I couldn't get over how much you looked like Laura! I seriously thought I was looking at a picture of Laura. You guys all look alike.

Glad to hear the adjustment is going so well. Your girls are all adorable!

Julie

Anonymous said...

Mary and I get ask that, even Dianne and I have been asked if we are twins and we are more then 5 years apart. When the three of us are together the questing is who are the twins. Like you and your sisters I think we just look like sisters I don’t see that we look that much alike.

Portman said...

I think you need to ask Becca what she thinks... ;-)

Unknown said...

I have to be honest, when I was little I would sometimes struggle to tell you girls apart, but I would just avoid using your names so no one would know! haha I think I had a better time picking out Betsy because she was the big cousin I idolized a bit and the youngest at the time. But at any rate, yes, you three really look alike! :)