Thursday, May 27, 2010

Fraternal* Twins

Sophie (L) Ellen (R) Sophie (L) Ellen (R)
The #1 question we've been asked about the twins is "Are they identical or fraternal?" Well, we don't officially know for sure*. The test to determine this is not done routinely, contrary to what most people assume. It is only done if there is a medical issue with one twin, otherwise it is an expensive out of pocket test that is deemed mostly unnecessary by the medical profession. But, we'll give you our best guess: Ellen and Sophie are fraternal twins! They look nothing alike in our opinion--Ellen looks like Corinne and Brett. Sophie looks like me. You would never confuse them by their looks, and definitely wouldn't due to their differing sizes. Sophie is our peanut, and Ellen...well, she's our pumpkin! However, we realize that there have not been a lot of pictures posted of them on the blog and many of you still don't know who's who. So here are some photos of the girls for you to practice your identification skills. Each is labelled with names, and hopefully you'll be an expert at telling them apart very soon! (And now I'm realizing that they are on the same side of the pac-n-play for each picture...it isn't always that way!)
Sophie (L) Ellen (R)

2 comments:

The McClains said...

Great post! I agree with you completely about the fact that Ellen looks like Brett and Sophie looks like you. I appreciate your "labeling" of the girls for the blog. It will be interesting to see if as the grow they begin to look more alike of more different?!?

aunt marce said...

Oh, Ellen and Sophie are so adorable! I miss them, and I miss kissing their cute cheeks. : (