Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Home


The first thing Corinne wants to do in the morning is peek in on her baby sisters in their crib, and it's the last thing she wants to do at night! The top picture was taken the first morning she woke up with them in the house, and you can see she is reaching out for Ellen and Sophie. Corinne is sweet with them--she speaks softly when she holds them and gently pats their heads (while we support them)! I believe that she truly loves them, although it hasn't been all smooth sailing. She has had a meltdown here or there--mostly while we're busy doing a feeding--and is getting used to sharing her mommy and daddy. But all in all, she has handled the transition well and I'm sure these bumps along the way are completely normal. It hasn't changed Corinne's kind spirit or gentle disposition, and for that we are thankful. We have a new normal now and it's wonderful, tiring, challenging, rewarding, and amazing all at the same time.

4 comments:

Golf Girl said...

Corinne is going to be such a good big sister. I love the pictures, so cute!

Anna

Aunt Laura said...

All of those girls have cute pjs... I slept (or wanted to or at least napped) under Marcey's crib when she was born, because I was so excited.

The McClains said...

How special! The girls are absolutely gorgeous. What an awesome gift that little C is so excited to be a big sister. I'm sure it does'nt get much better than seeing the daughter that you love embrace your new daughters that you love! :)

The Brooks Family said...

Oh Bets, they are so precious! I can't wait to meet them! Love ya!